[ncl-talk] bug report stddev (build-in function)

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Jan 28 14:50:43 MST 2015

Hi Leo,

I just checked the stddev documentation, and didn't see the same mention of
"population" that you did.

The first line of this page states:

*     "Calculates the sample standard deviation."*

It does mention population later in this documentation, and I need to look
into why this is. I think this is an error in the documentation.

As for the "stdMonTLL" function, it uses dim_stddev under the hood, so this
should also be sample standard deviation.

--Mar