[ncl-talk] problem with x11 window

David Craig dcdavemail at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 14:15:03 MST 2015

Not sshing on a mac or otherwise. Installed 6.2.1, should also have
mentioned that after install the following test,

ncargex cpex08 -clean

gave the error below,

NCAR Graphics Fortran Example <cpex08>

Copying cpex08.f

Copying cpexcc.f

Compiling and linking...
gfortran -fPIC -fno-second-underscore -fno-range-check -fopenmp -O -o
cpex08 cpexcc.f cpex08.f -L/home/davcra/ncl/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib64
-lncarg -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -lX11 -lXext -lcairo -lfontconfig
-lpixman-1 -lfreetype -lexpat -lpng -lz -lpthread -lXrender -lbz2
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXext
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcairo
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfontconfig