[ncl-talk] absolute vorticity (avo) stencil

Packard Chan packard.chan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 09:49:21 MST 2015

Hi Corey,

If you are using WRF, you might also want to try the following.

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl"

avo = wrf_user_getvar(filehandle, "avo", time)

The subroutine "DCOMPUTEABSVORT" will be eventually called by this function.
Attached is the source code that gives the implementation of the
subroutine, which is available in the source code of NCL.
ncl_ncarg-6.2.1/ni/src/lib/nfpfort/wrf_pvo.f

Good luck.

Packard

Packard Chan
Year 4 undergraduate