[ncl-talk] Writing two dimensional lat and lon, respectively

Lisi Pei lisipei at msu.edu
Fri Jan 16 13:36:23 MST 2015

Hi there,

I am wandering about is there any method to write a .nc file with the coordinates like the standard WRF output variables in 2D for both lat and lon? When I am using NCL I always encounter this problem as it seems to only be capable in writing a 1D only coordinate with NCL. I used to do this by read in a WRF standard output nc file, and then replace certain variables with the data I processed, which helps keeping the original WRF 2D lat and lon without any extra effort in generating these 2D coordinate variable which I always had trouble with. But think there is probably a more decent way to do it and thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Lisi