[ncl-talk] NCL v6.2.1 on Yellowstone

Jared Lee jaredlee at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 13 12:38:03 MST 2015

With ncl/6.2.0 module loaded:

-bash-4.1$ which ncl
/glade/apps/opt/ncl/6.2.0/intel/12.1.5/bin/ncl

Then switching ncl modules:

-bash-4.1$ module unload ncl/6.2.0
-bash-4.1$ module load ncl/6.2.1
-bash-4.1$ which ncl
/glade/apps/opt/ncl/6.2.1/intel/12.1.5/bin/ncl
-bash-4.1$ ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2014 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.2.1
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
ncl 0>

But now that I've done that I get an interactive ncl session, as shown
above. It's weird. This is the first time I've ever gotten an interactive
ncl session with 6.2.1 on Yellowstone before. I have no idea what's
different about this time. In my .bash_profile I have 'module load
ncl/6.2.1' as one of the commands, but that has never allowed me to run an
interactive session before (I've always been able to execute ncl scripts,
though).

So I guess this issue is fixed for now, even though I have no idea why...

Jared