[ncl-talk] problem for map plotting data without explicit coordinate arrays

Lijun Diao ljdiao at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 10:53:35 MST 2015

Hi all:

I downloaded some data, but the data itself doesn’t have lat&lon arrays except the lat&lon values for the center point and x&y in kms for the origin point. I can calculate the approximate lat&lon arrays linearly. The plot and my script is attached. As you can see there is blank stripes on both sides of the plot. Does anyone know how to plot in a more correct way or how to calcuate the acurrate lat&lon arrays?

thanks,
Lijun Diao
ldiao at uh.edu
Research Assistant
Department of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
University of Houston
4800 Calhoun RD., Bldg. S&R1-312
Houston, TX 77204-5007