[ncl-talk] Shapefiles and Masking

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 26 12:52:10 MST 2015

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for providing the script/data.  For whatever reason, there is a bug
in shapefile_mask_data.ncl, where it works if a binary mask array is
returned (opt at return_mask = True), but doesn't if the (masked) original
data  values are returned.  I've attached a modified version of that
script.  In case you are interested, originally line 356 was commented
whereas line 357 was not; that should be just the opposite, as seen in the
modified version.  I've also attached a pdf of the plot -- I hope this is
what you are expecting (?)

Please let the group know if there are further problems. Hope that helps...
Rick