[ncl-talk] lonFlip function

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Fri Feb 20 13:04:10 MST 2015

This is how I would edit your script.    I would remove all trace of LON
and LAT they serve no purpose but to confuse things.  Paste your whole
script here, so people can actually check what you're doing.   And probably
past the output of the below as well.

Adam had a typo in his code so if you just copy pasted that without
checking it there will have been an error.

              ~Alan.

  diri    = "/Users/spark/vertical/00_DATA/"
  fili    = "precipmonmean.nc"
  f       = addfile (diri+fili+".nc", "r")
  varname = "precip"
  data = f->$varname$

;;;;   There is no need for these lines, it just complicates the script.
;;; Keep metadata attached to the variables to keep things simple.
;;  LON     = data&lon
;;  LAT     = data&lat      ;({-90:90})  ;
;;  LON     = lonFlip(LON1)

  printVarSummary(data)
  data1 = lonFlip(data)   ;  data1&lon is now flipped but LON or data&lon
are not, those variables are no longer associated to data1.
  printVarSummary(data1)   ;

 print(data1&lon(::10))  ;; print every 10th lon to see how it's doing.
 print(data1&lat(::10))  ;; print every 10th lat to see how it's doing.

  lat = fspan(-85,85,85)               ;; do you want this to be 86, every
2 degree?  At the moment it's every 2.13... degree.
  lon = fspan(-180,180,72)
  lat at units = "degrees_east"
  lon at units = "degrees_north"
  precipreg = linint2_Wrap(data1&lon,data1&lat,data1,True,lon,lat,0)
 printVarSummary(precipreg)