[ncl-talk] vertical wavenumber FFT

Xi Chang xi.chang01 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 13:37:05 MST 2015

Hi Gehne, and NCL users,

Thanks for the hints, I knew this function, but I have following question
prior of using the ezfft:

1. How can I convert the vertical level in my data (which is in pressure)
to altitude (geometry) in order to get the vertical wavenumber with units
km? I dont have any idea for this using ncl.

2.  do I need to interpolat the vertical level (km) to equally space (per 1
km each) ?

3. Is there any function or hints that you may purpose if I want to get the
spectrum as a function as vertical wavenumber and frequency ?

Thank you for your experience and hints.

Dr. Chang.