[ncl-talk] Panel Plot Bottom Row Narrower than the rest

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Feb 9 21:14:30 MST 2015

Helen,

The issue here appears to be with paneling plots that are different sizes.
The plots on the bottom are larger than the other plots, because they
contain labels on the bottom axis.

If you have plots that are larger than the top leftmost plot, then you need
to tell the gsn_panel routine to base the scaling of each plot on the plot
that's the largest (the default is to base it on the first plot).

Do by by setting resP at gsnPanelScalePlotIndex to 6 or 7 to indicate that the
scaling of each plot should be based on plot # 6 or #7, and not plot #0.

For an example of this, see panel_24.ncl at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex24

As a side, your main title is quite large.  You may want to resize it by
setting resP at txFontHeightF to something smaller, like 0.03 or smaller.

--Mary