[ncl-talk] about the detailed formula of the function igradsF()

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 28 09:55:56 MST 2015

The NCL functions are interfaces to spherical harmonics from
SPHEREPACK, a suite of f77 based subroutines. Global data are
required. You can download the codes and examine the algorithms via:

http://www2.cisl.ucar.edu/resources/legacy/spherepack

===

How to do it?  Well, you have to provide the gradient information.

Good luck