[ncl-talk] Overlay streamlines on streamlines

Will Hobbs will.hobbs at utas.edu.au
Tue Dec 15 20:42:23 MST 2015

Jiali

I cannot see anything in your code or in the streamlinePlort class documentation (https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/HLUs/Classes/StreamlinePlot.shtml) that explains why you are not getting the expected output (although someone else might know better).

I would suggest that you do one or both of the following:

  1.  Try and plot both plots separately (i.e. without the overlay), just to check that there's nothing wrong in the input data.
  2.  Try and retain the coordinate data when you average both data files (i.e. use dim_avg_n_Wrap()); this will ensure that both plots have the same plot domain.

Will