[ncl-talk] Wind speed interpolation about ground level

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Dec 15 07:50:59 MST 2015

Really, somebody on the wrfforum or wrfhelp at ucar.edu should answer
this... not generic ncl-talk. They are the WRF data experts.

---
I *speculate* that the 'height_levels' to which you are interpolating
are relative to sea-level. They are not
'height_levels_above_the_current_terrain_elevation' or
'height_levels_above_the_current_model_height'.

Try:

height_levels = (/ 50., 80., 1000, 2000. /)

I *speculate* that for 1000, you will get the eastern half of the land
filled out and for 2000 most of the area will be filled.

---

Subsequently, maybe the following would work

  thgt = wrf_user_getvar(a,"ter",-1)   ; terrain height
or
  mhgt = wrf_user_getvar(a,"z",-1)    ; full model height

Then in the 'height' loop add the 'thgt' or 'zhgt' to the current grid
point value.

HTH