[ncl-talk] GPCP data set

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 11 11:52:16 MST 2015

Hi Xiyue,
I do not believe we still have that .nc file. You can download the daily
binary files directly from NASA here:
http://precip.gsfc.nasa.gov/
the specific daily files are located here:
ftp://rsd.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/1dd-v1.2/

Then, looking at the NCL GPCP examples page at the top there is a ncl
script that converts the binary data to a netCDF file:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/gpcp_1DD.bin2nc.ncl

Note that you may have to update that script as the binary data is now
version 1.2.

Hope that helps!
Adam

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Xiyue Liao <liaoxiyue2011 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Mary,
>
> I'm looking at the examples of the Global Precipitation Climatology
> Project (GPCP) at https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/gpcp.shtml. Is it
> possible that I can get the data set GPCP_1DD.199610-200908.nc which is
> used in the third example gpcp_3.ncl?
>
> Thanks a lot!!
>
> Xiyue

Adam Phillips