[ncl-talk] Is there any way to fix this x-axis time plotting problem?

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 3 14:50:26 MST 2015

​You didn't actually include your call to gsn_csm_xy, so I'm not sure how
you are passing your data to this routine.

If your "time" array starts at dec85, but you want to start the plot at the
second time value of jan86, then you need to subscript your time array
accordingly.

For starters, then, you don't want to use "time0(::incr)" as your tickmark
values, because time(0) corresponds with dec85, and you are telling it to
put a "jan" label on it.

I think this is what you want:

nt = 1         ; skip first time step

res at tmXBMode         = "Explicit"           ; explicit time setting
res at tmXBValues         = PPT_mod&time0(nt::incr)
res at tmXBLabels         = labels

When you call gsn_csm_xy, make sure it is also starting at the second time
index. Something like:

    plot = gsn_csm_xy(wks,time(nt:),x(nt:),res)