[ncl-talk] Lat-time plot over map

Maria Gehne - NOAA Affiliate maria.gehne at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 25 11:24:03 MDT 2015

Your question is a little vague. In general it doesn't make sense to plot
an array with only one spatial dimension over a map. Could you be more
specific about what you are trying to accomplish?

You have a 2D array that has dimensions latitude and time, but you say you
want to plot it over a map? You only have one spatial dimension, do you
mean you want to show where the continents are in the latitude region? Is
your data averaged over a certain longitude region? Do you only want to
plot where the land areas are in latitude over that longitude region?

For data averaged over all longitudes plots like the ones in this link are
common:
http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/map/images/sst/sst.month.anom.pacific.lat.gif

Maria