[ncl-talk] Regarding wavenumber spectra

Maria Gehne - NOAA Affiliate maria.gehne at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 25 11:15:38 MDT 2015

Remember that the largest wavenumbers on a regional domain are not the
global wavenumbers. An easy way to avoid having to convert the regional
wavenumbers to global ones is to use the global domain, but set everything
outside the region of interest to zero. To avoid effects from the
boundaries taper to zero instead of cutting off right at the edge of your
domain.

Maria