[ncl-talk] (no subject)

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 17 10:42:48 MDT 2015

As indicated, use printVarSummary prior to the functions causing the issue.

If you are calling a funtion that argument proto

 function test(x:float)
 begin
    print(x)
    return(2*x)
 end

 i=5     ; i is  type integer

 ii = test(i)

warning:Argument 0 of the current function or procedure was coerced to
the appropriate type and thus will not change if the function or
procedure modifies its value

x is prototyped as type float. The example passes an integer. NCL
creates a temporary variable of type float to match the propotyping
(x:float). If the function were to chnge the input argument it would
not be propogated to the calling sgript because it is a temporary
variable.

NCL argument numbering starts at 0 so "warning:Argument 2 of the
current function..." is the 3rd argument.

This error can be ignored.