[ncl-talk] how to plot Lambert Azimuthal projection by shapefile

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 17 09:43:51 MDT 2015

Hi Yongli,

I can run your script, but its not clear to me what the plot *should* look
like,  In any case, there is no projection information available to NCL,
and it only knows how to correctly plot lat/lon shapefiles.  Is there an
accompanying ".prj" file for your shapefile?  You might be able to
deproject the data into lat/lon using ArcGis or GDAL.

Hope that helps...
Rick