[ncl-talk] Regridding 2d data

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 14 15:44:47 MDT 2015

Tabish,

In order to regrid something from one resolution to another, you need to
provide some kind of coordinate system.

Also, it depends on the type of values that you are regridding, what method
to use.

You might want to look at "linint2", which does basic bilinear
interpolation:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/linint2.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/regrid.shtml

Even though the examples are showing the results over a map, you can still
do the regridding using other coordinates.  You just want to plot it using
gsn_csm_contour, instead of gsn_csm_contour_map.

You might also look at "area_hi2lores":

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/area_hi2lores.shtml

--Mary