[ncl-talk] gsn_contour_shade

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 7 13:57:53 MDT 2015

Hello:

I am trying to use gsn_contour_shade to plot a variable that varies
betwen 0.1 and 0.7, following the bottom of the script coneff_13.ncl.
Unfortunately, I cannot make the area of values greater than 0.7
filled with color 150 and I am not sure why. My script is in
/glade/p/work/laura/GFconvection/MPAS.GFconvection-v3.3.mynn/rotation.50_3.overSouthAmerica

but basically, it contains the lines:

;SET RESOURCES:

res = True
res at gsnDraw             = False
res at gsnFrame            = False
res at gsnMaximize         = False
res at gsnSpreadColors     = False
res at gsnPaperOrientation = "landscape"

res at mpProjection        = "CylindricalEquidistant"
res at mpDataBaseVersion   = "MediumRes"
res at mpCenterLatF        = 0.
res at mpCenterLonF        = 0.
res at mpMinLatF           =  -90.
res at mpMaxLatF           =   90.
res at mpMinLonF           = -150.
res at mpMaxLonF           =   30.

diri = "./"
f = addfile("50_3.grid.overSouthAmerica.nc","r")

.
.
.
.

res at cnLevelSelectionMode        = "ManualLevels"
res at cnMinLevelValF              = 0.1
res at cnMaxLevelValF              = 0.7
res at cnLevelSpacingF             = 0.1

;res at mpOceanFillColor       = "lightcyan"
;res at mpInlandWaterFillColor = "lightcyan"
;res at mpLandFillColor        = "gray75"

wks = gsn_open_wks("pdf","schematicRefineMesh.limited")
gsn_define_colormap(wks,"wh-bl-gr-ye-re")

plot = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,ConvF_meshD,res)

opt = True
opt at gsnShadeHigh = 150
plot = gsn_contour_shade(plot,ConvF_meshD at _FillValue,0.7,opt)

draw(plot)
frame(wks)

A few hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Laura

--
Laura D. Fowler

e-mail: laura at ucar.edu