[ncl-talk] Problem with CFS initial condition data plot in NCL

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 5 09:24:38 MDT 2015

I think you are close.  The lat/lon array is actually 410 x 720, and not
720 x 410, so you want something like this:

nlon = getfilevardimsizes (fin,"xaxis_1")
nlat = getfilevardimsizes (fin,"yaxis_1")

; "Conform" the 1D lat/lon arrays to be 2D arrays of nlat x nlon in size
lat2d = conform_dims((/nlat,nlon/),fin->yaxis_1,0)
lon2d = conform_dims((/nlat,nlon/),fin->xaxis_1,1)

gen_res = True
gen_res at sfXArray = lon2d
gen_res at sfYArray = lat2d