[ncl-talk] ncl-talk Digest, Vol 141, Issue 5

Nicolas GASNIER ngprod41 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 04:24:18 MDT 2015

Hi Vimal,

Sorry I made this little script by memory, the sfX* arrays don't need to
be 2D, it should be your lat / lon arrays.  I assumed the axis variables
would contain coordinate info but it is just indexes. Please note that
you need an extra value on the lon array for global plot (see
gsnAddCyclic property).

I made some testing, but it is not working better with this method. Your
grid seems to be 0.5° in longitude, but it is not the case with
latitude. I tried various intervals with fspan, but can't align the data
with the map. I suspect the data is not regularly spaced on that axis :
maybe gaussian grid. Can't help you a lot on this, but here is a
starting point :

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/regrid.shtml

Nicolas