[ncl-talk] can't seem to make my arrows bigger

Lesley Smith - NOAA Affiliate lesley.l.smith at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 27 14:22:39 MDT 2015

Hi Kyle and other NCL-ers,
Thanks for the ideas.
I had already tried the default values and got tiny arrows.
I had already tried printing out the default values to see what they were so
I could tweak them.
Attached are the data, pared-down program, and resulting plot.
Let me know if I need to use the NCL ftp site.

Here's the output from this program:

(0) ref len is 0.0106101

(0) ref mag is 5.77226e+09

(0) ref dist is 0.03

I'm open to any and all suggestions.
I suspect I need to scale the Z values and/or do some kind of
pressure-weighting (my attempts at this so far haven't worked)
or there's something obvious I'm missing...
Thanks for any insights!
-Lesley