[ncl-talk] potential bug in the rcm2points routine, used for interpolation

Jonas Berndt j.berndt at fz-juelich.de
Mon Apr 27 12:41:44 MDT 2015

Hello,

i am a PHD student at the Research Centre in Juelich, Germany.

To let you know, i am sure that i found a bug in the rountine rcm2points.

I use the routine to horizontally interpolate to one given lat/long point.
When I use option=0 for inverse distance weightening, for one case out of a lot of cases, the routine does not use the four closest gridpoints for interpolation, instead uses the 1st, 2nd 3rd and 5th closest gridpoint, skipping the 4th.

I can provide you with the critical case if you like.

Cheers, Jonas Berndt

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich