[ncl-talk] ESMF regridding is really slow

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 8 10:42:14 MDT 2015

Hello:

I have been trying to regrid a MPAS unstructured variable-resolution
grid that has a number of cells equal 6848514 to a rectangular 0.25
deg latitude-longitude grid. I use the function ESMF_regrid to create
generic source, destination, and weights files that I can use for my
MPAS runs.

The issue that I have is that it is really really slow and I cannot
fit the regretting within the 12 hour limit on geyser. Is there
anything else that I can do to speed up that process?

Thanks,
Laura

--
Laura D. Fowler