[ncl-talk] Problems with reading and re-gridding polar stereographic grid data

Tsai Judy judytsaibuy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 15:11:39 MDT 2015

Hi,

I have a Greenland bed elevation data set (.nc file) with polar
stereographic grid and I want to re-grid that into CCSM T31 grid in order
to calculate the difference between them. However, my Greenland bed
elevation data set doesn't have the associated longitude and latitude
information (i.e lon2d and lat2d) within the nc file. It just has "
projection_x_coordinate (x)" and " projection_y_coordinate (y)." Can anyone
suggest that is there any way (or function) available in NCL that I can use
to deal with this issue?

Thanks