[ncl-talk] how to set the linewidth for windbarbs

David Brown dbrown at ucar.edu
Mon Sep 22 16:23:45 MDT 2014

I'm not quite sure how the name came to be, but I believe the wind barb
line width is actually controlled by BLW, whose documentations states the
following:  "Sets the line width used for drawing wind barbs.". Easy to
miss because all the other wind barb specific resources start with 'W'.

It's default value is 1.0, which suggests that like most NCL line width
resources, it is actually a scaling factor, in which case 2.5 might be a
reasonable value.

VCW sets the line width for 'vectors', which have arrow heads and usually
vary in length depending on the magnitude.
 -dave