[ncl-talk] plotting in Cygwin

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Sep 22 08:46:32 MDT 2014

Miao,

It's a bit hard to see the images when you send them in a panel plot, but I
think I can see what you are talking about.

There was a rather major change to NCL V6.2.0 that is probably the cause of
the differences you are seeing.  Please see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/prev_releases.shtml#RasterAndMissingValueAreas6.2.0

The borders that you see in the Cygwin version are probably the outlines of
the gray map underneath. As suggested in the above URL: in the Cygwin
version of your script, try adding this line to see if it fixes the problem:

   res@*cnMissingValFillColor*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/cn.shtml#cnMissingValFillColor>
= "white"

--Mary