[ncl-talk] fortran wrapper for vorticity

BasitAli Khan BasitAli.Khan at kaust.edu.sa
Mon Sep 22 04:32:07 MDT 2014

Hi ,

I want to compute horizontal component of  relative vorticity (the first two terms of the vorticity equation). NCL uses fortran wrapper for  pvo and avo. I decided to take the fortran wrapper for "avo",  modify the equation for my purposes and use the new fortran function as user defined function and run it separately with WRAPPIT . However, I found that wrf_avo, passes  9 arguments but DCOMPUTEABSVORT  in ni/src/lib/nfpfort/wrf_pvo.f is actually receiving 14 arguments. This means that wrf_avo does not directly reach  DCOMPUTEABSVORT  and it calls some other subroutine that in-return call DCOMPUTEABSVORT.

I would appreciate if any of ncl expert could provide the linkages  from wrf_avo  ---> DCOMPUTEABSVORT.

Many thanks in advance for your much appreciated help,

b:)
----
Basit A. Khan, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Division of Physical Sciences & Engineering
Office# 3203-CU-12, Level 3, Building 1,
King Abdullah University of Science & Technology
4700 King Abdullah Blvd, Box 2753, Thuwal 23955 –6900,
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Office: +966(0)12 808 0276,  Mobile: +966(0)5 0860 3617
E-mail: basitali.khan at kaust.edu.sa<mailto:basitali.khan at kaust.edu.sa>
Skype name: basit.a.khan

This message and its contents including attachments are intended solely for the original recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete this message from your computer system. Any unauthorized use or distribution is prohibited. Please consider the environment before printing this email.