[ncl-talk] plotting in Cygwin

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Sep 19 07:14:57 MDT 2014

Hi Miao,

Thanks for providing the two figures.  I don't think the differences are
due to NCL, but maybe due to how the figures were post-processed.

Can you give me some details on how you created the JPEG images?  That is,
what output format did you use in the NCL script, and then how did you
convert that image to JPEG? Also, what version of NCL are you using under
both Cygwin and Linux? (ncl -V)

Have you tried using direct PNG output?

--Mary