[ncl-talk] query

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 18 16:58:44 MDT 2014

Kunal,

You need to provide more information than just an image. For starters, this
plot looks like you are using gsn_contour_map instead of
gsn_csm_contour_map. If you use the latter, you may have better results.

I'm not sure why you have "Latitude" and "Longitude" labels, but these
usually aren't necessary when you have a map plot, as it should be clear
which axis is what.

To move the labelbar down, you can try setting the pmLabelBarOrthogonalPosF
resource to a negative small value, like -0.02.  You may have to tweak this
value a little.

If you continue to have questions about this plot, it will help if you can
provide the script, and even better if you can also provide the data.
 Please post back to ncl-talk if you do. You can use our ftp to upload your
script and/or data:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/report_bug.shtml#HowToFTP

--Mary