[ncl-talk] getind_latlon2d with rectilinear grid

Jiaxin Zhang jiaxinzhang3 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 13:29:14 MDT 2014

Dear NCL users,

I am trying to follow the example provided for getind_latlon2d in:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/getind_latlon2d.shtml

My data is in a rectilinear grid that can be completely described by one
dimensional lat and lon arrays, whereas getind_latlon2d requires 2d arrays
for lat and lon. How can I solve this problem? Is it better to use a
different function from getind_latlon2d for 1d lat and lon arrays?

I am attaching my NCL script and my file. I have 3 different sites (with
given coordinates in attached script), that I would need to locate in the
data grid. After that I would need to extract the value in that particular
location (extract only the value of the 3 grids that contain the 3 sites).
I was using getind_latlon2d to locate the 3 points in the data grid, but
maybe there is better option to do that for rectilinear grids.

Your help is very appreciated.
Thank you!

Jiaxin