[ncl-talk] NCL Query

Kunal Bali kunal.bali9 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 06:24:23 MDT 2014

Dear NCL

I have plotted the pressure vs latitude graph.
But in that pressure levels values is not coming from 0 to 1000. its coming
from 200 to 1000 hpa. I need to display pressure levels from 0 to 1000.

So how to correct the script. I used the script for this plot given below

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"

begin
 in  = addfile("14-01.nc","r")
  ts  = in->CH4_VMR_A
zave = dim_avg_Wrap(ts)
 wks  = gsn_open_wks("pdf","zonal")
  gsn_define_colormap(wks,"BlAqGrYeOrRe")
  res            = True
  res at cnFillOn = True
  res at mpFillOn = True
  res at mpFillColors = (/ -1,-1,103,-1/)
;  res at mpMinLatF = -70.
;  res at mpMaxLatF = 70.

  res at tiMainString = " Is it OK "

  res at trYReverse = True                            ; reverse Y axis
  res at trXReverse = True                            ; reverse X axis

  plot=gsn_csm_contour(wks,zave(:,:),res)
end

Kunal Bali
Research Scholar