[ncl-talk] Subscript out of range error

Ipsita Putatunda ipsita.putatunda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 11:26:32 MDT 2014

Hi Dennis,
    Thanks for your reply. But instead of my own script I have tried the
ncl script http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/scatter_5.ncl,
where I didn't change anything except the npts from 300 to 56,and then run
the script which is also giving similar error message.Why is it so? I
didn't even change a single letter in the script scatter_5.ncl except the
array size. Though may be am wrong but this seems to me it is depending
upon the array size.

In my own script if I am debugging as per your suggestion it is giving

 "warning:Argument 0 of the current function or procedure was coerced to
the appropriate type and thus will not change if the function or procedure
modifies its value
fatal:Dimension size mismatch on subscript #1, left-hand and right-hand
side dimensions do not match"
it is clear that data2d(i,ii) and apr(ii) have different dimensions, but I
need to make a two dimensional array data2d as per the scatter_5.ncl script
using apr(ii). Could you please suggest if there is some way to do it.

Thanks in advance,
Ipsita