[ncl-talk] a number of issues

Geeta Geeta geetag54 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 4 04:35:41 MDT 2014

 Hi.
I have a few questions which are as follows.

1. I have to plot the data for a range of LAT/LON.
when I plot the data using the command,
plot=gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(xwks,data,res)
it plots over the entire globe.
How to select the subset LAT/LON for plotting the data???

2. I plotted the Surface Rain and Surface Precipitation and Total precipitablewater variables from the HDF file.
2A12.20140602.94247.7.HDF. This is 2A12 TMI data.

I donot know the difference between these parameters. Can somebody explain???

3. In this dataset, I need to extract two arrays, called ClusterScale (3 dimensional array)and cluster which is 4 dimensional array.
Below is the header info of these two variables.
ScanType=CONICAL;
   dimensions:
      nlayer = 28
      ncluster = 100
      nfindex = 13
      nspecies = 6
      nscan = 2919  // unlimited
      npixel = 208
      fakeDim6 = 3
      fakeDim7 = 3
   variables:
      float heightLayerTop ( nlayer )
         units :        km
         hdf_name :     heightLayerTop

      float cluster ( ncluster, nlayer, nfindex, nspecies )
         hdf_name :     cluster

     byte clusterNumber ( nscan, npixel, nspecies )
         hdf_name :     clusterNumber

      float clusterScale ( nscan, npixel, nspecies )
         hdf_name :     clusterScale

 As per the document of 2A12 V7, the hydrometeor profile =clusterScale *cluster

Kindly tell me how can I make the hydrometeor profiles at different heights???

Geeta.