[ncl-talk] Working on data in external harddisk with NCL

Kyle Griffin ksgriffin2 at wisc.edu
Wed Sep 3 11:07:43 MDT 2014

Tabish,

This is not a problem with NCL, as many dozens of users use NCL with
external hard drives every day. I'd suggest checking your hard drive for
either an imminent failure or to see if there are aggressive sleep settings
that might be overcompensating here - Google should be helpful. I'd suggest
working with data on something mounted via a faster connection that USB
(which I presume you are using) as this just takes longer to read - the
internal hard drives will always give you the best performance. Good luck...

Kyle

Kyle S. Griffin
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Room 1421
1225 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53706
Email: ksgriffin2 at wisc.edu