[ncl-talk] NCL Environment

azizul haque haque.azizul320 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 2 04:42:59 MDT 2014

Hi Rick,
I used this system(NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local/ncl) and getting following error message
warning:Unable to Get System Resource File Name?
warning:Unable to load System Resource File (null)
fatal:GetSysAppDir:Unable to get a default value for the system App Resource directory
warning:["Resources.c":734]:Unable to set appSysDir to default value - Using NULL
fatal:GetSysAppDir:Unable to get a default value for the system App Resource directory
warning:["Resources.c":734]:Unable to set appSysDir to default value - Using NULL
warning:Unable to Get System Resource File Name?
warning:WorkstationClassInitialize:Unable to access rgb color database - named colors unsupported:[errno=2]
NDV_COLORMAP_PATH environment variable not set:
defaulting to .:$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/colormaps
warning:["Palette.c":1844]:NhlLoadColormapFiles: Invalid directory encountered in colormap path specification
/usr/local/bin/ncl: line 5:  1042 Segmentation fault: 11  /usr/local/ncl/bin/ncl "$@"
Pls help
Regards
Azizul

The warning messages indicate you do not have the NCARG_ROOT environment variable set (?)  From the message associated with the SEGV, it looks like it should be something like:

   export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local/ncl

assuming you are using the bash shell.

Hope that helps...

Rick