[ncl-talk] dyld: lazy symbol binding failed

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 30 09:44:48 MDT 2014

This issue is mention on our MacOSX hints page:

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/macosx.shtml#libgomp

What version of gcc do you have?

gcc --version

The error may be occurring because you have an older version of the
gcc/gfortran compilers on your system than what NCL was compiled with. The
above URL includes information on how to install a newer compiler, which
should then get you the missing "libgomp.1.dylib" library.

I don't have a MacOS 10.10 system, so I don't know what the default gcc
compiler is, but it's been my experience that the Macs come with older
compilers (like gcc 4.2, 4.3) whereas we use versions 4.7 or higher on the
Macs.

--Mary