[ncl-talk] high resolution png image

Micah Sklut micahs2005 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 09:10:08 MDT 2014

Hi,

This is a follow up to my previous posts, in reference to searching for
high resolution images that could be used as zooming/navigating (specific
interest is with image tile layers).

I figured if I created a png file with a high resolution, it would be able
to capture the high detail, like with coastlines and so forth. I created a
16384x16384 image, and if you zoom into the coastlines it is very blocky.

Is is possible to capture high resolution features, such as coastlines in a
global raster image with NCL?

FYI, I tried the vector image route, but the file size was gigantic, so
that didn't seem like a proper route.

Thank you,

--
Micah Sklut