[ncl-talk] using shapefile to mask out values

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 27 11:17:12 MDT 2014

Lei,

Without knowing anything about your data, or how the China shapefile is
structured, I don't know why you have missing values inside the outline.
Are you getting any errors from running this script?  Is the shapefile a
"polygon" shapefile or a "polyline" shapefile? If it is a "polyline"
shapefile, then you may have some areas that aren't fully enclosed, and
hence "gc_inout" won't work properly.

It would help if you could also provide the "total_china.shp" and "simple.nc"
data files.