[ncl-talk] Polymarker on lon/lat grid

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 16 09:18:44 MDT 2014

Vandhna,

Your plot looks correct to me.  You asked for a dot at

  lon1 = 177.26
  lat1 = -17.45

and that's what you got.  Remember that decimal degrees, which is what you
are specifying, are different than degrees minutes seconds type of
degrees.  The above two lines translate to roughly 177 15' and 17 27'',
which is what you are seeing.

--Mary