[ncl-talk] too less data points in scatter plot

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 13 08:59:55 MDT 2014

Hi Lena,

I'm CC-ing ncl-talk again. Thanks for providing all your files offline.

I was able to run your script, and got the same results as you.   The issue
that you have 8700 points, but 8400 of them are duplicates. When you plot
this, it's plotting all 8700 values, but since 8400 of them have the same
x,y pair, they get plotted in the same location.

You may want to recheck your calculations for these variables.

I've attached a version of your script that draws the XY plot, with all the
duplicate points colored.

--Mary