[ncl-talk] Is there a way to run NCL on multiple processors?

Kyle Griffin ksgriffin2 at wisc.edu
Sun Oct 12 21:03:49 MDT 2014

There is the ParVis project, based on being able to run a select few (but
crucial) functions from NCL on multiple processors:

http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/parvis/wiki

Unfortunately, the only binaries provided are for system types not widely
used in the atmospheric science community (as far as I'm aware) and the
build instructions aren't particularly detailed. As such, I've never gotten
the ncl included in the ParVis project to work. There is a separate mailing
list for the discussion, should you have any problems and/or success with
the software. Beyond this, though, I'm not aware of any other efforts to
parallelize NCL.

Kyle

Kyle S. Griffin
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Room 1421
1225 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53706
Email: ksgriffin2 at wisc.edu