[ncl-talk] creating tile layers from ncl map images

Micah Sklut micahs2005 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 15:18:37 MDT 2014

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has gone through the process of creating a tile
image layer from your NCL maps to use in a web software application or
otherwise?

If so, what software did you use?

Many of the popular mapping applications allow you to import your own tile
layers, like Google Maps. I have been looking at the open source software
leaflet - leafletjs.com. I am just struggling to find the most appropriate
way to create the tile layer from my NCL images. For my purposes it has to
be a command line tool for automation.

As an example. Lets say I created a world wide map of precipitation. This
map would be viewable on the global scale, and then navigated or zoomed
into any area for greater detail.

Thank you for any suggestions,

--
Micah Sklut