[ncl-talk] Write grib2 to netcdf

Partha Bhattacharjee pbhatta2 at jhu.edu
Wed Oct 8 12:41:28 MDT 2014

?Thanks Dave. It worked.

Partha

________________________________
From: David Brown <dbrown at ucar.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 2:29 PM
To: Partha Bhattacharjee
Cc: ncl-talk at ucar.edu
Subject: Re: [ncl-talk] Write grib2 to netcdf

If you use ncl_filedump on your GRIB2 file you will see that it has no time dimension. There is only a lat and a lon dimension. The script you are using is trying to read a time dimension that does not exist -- therefore the error. The simplest and most general way to convert any GRIB file to NetCDF is to use the script ncl_convert2nc, which is supplied with every NCL installation. If the 'ncl' binary is in your PATH then ncl_convert2nc will be as well, assuming you have a standard installation.
 -dave