[ncl-talk] duplicating a graphic plot, and disassociate from original.

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Fri Oct 3 12:17:28 MDT 2014

I came across an instance where I want to take a plot, duplicate it, change
some settings in each of the new plot and draw both new plots.

However all changes to duplicated objects change all the other objects. I'm
not sure of the proper terminology so made a simple example attached below

I make one plot, copy it, change the titles on the 2 new plots. Now all 3
plots have the same title as the last one changed.  And if I try and panel
the 3 plots, it gets confused as I guess they're all really just one plot
with 3 different pointers.

Is there a way to duplicate the plot not just create a new pointer to it.
(without just running the plot line again, which is my current work
around.).

Thanks,
Alan.