[ncl-talk] figure orientation and gsnMaximize

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 2 14:25:04 MDT 2014

Hi Kevin,
I would suggest using gsnPaperOrientation in tandem with gsnMaximize. (Both
would be set in your res resource list.) I do not think wkOrientation works
with gsnMaximize.

I tried adding res at gsnMaximize = True and res at gsnPaperOrientation =
"portrait" (or landscape) to your script (while removing the wkOrientation
resource) and I got the results that I would expect.

Hope that helps. If not, please let ncl-talk know.
Adam

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 7:19 AM, kevin.lemorzadec <kevin.lemorzadec at mun.ca>
wrote:

> Dear ncl users,
>
> I am trying to maximize the size of the figure and setting its orientation
> to portrait.
> In version 5.1.1 it seems that this was happening by default. In the
> current version that I am using (6.1.0) it is not the case.
> I then used wkOrientation and gsnMaximize to make that happen but the
> orientation of the figure doesn't seem to be taken into account.
> I am attaching my minimized script and data.
>
> Thanks yo for your suggestions,
>
> --
> Kevin Le Morzadec - Ph.D. candidate
>                                Dept of Physics and Physical Oceanography,
>                                Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
>                                Tel 709-864-8654

Adam Phillips
Associate Scientist,  Climate and Global Dynamics Division, NCAR