[ncl-talk] CALIPSO L2 vdata

Wei Huang huangwei at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 25 11:45:01 MST 2014

Sun,

I have checked the file (which you put on our ftp site).
There are nothing related to "liar altitude".

You may try NCL script:
 flnm = "CAL_LID_L2_05kmAPro-Prov-V3-02.2012-03-22T10-02-21ZD.hdf"
 f = addfile(flnm, "r")

 print(f)

or: ncl_filedump filename
to see all the variables.

I have also checked with HDFView, which do not have such variable neither.

If you can tell us more about what you want to do with this dataset,
We'd like to help you.

Wei

1850 Table Mesa Dr.
Boulder, CO 80307