[ncl-talk] ncl and shape

Kreienkamp Frank Frank.Kreienkamp at dwd.de
Mon Nov 24 22:54:22 MST 2014

Hello,

i have two questions about the interaction of ncl and shape files.

1)
Using 'shapefile_mask_data' I can mask out grid points lying inside a shape file.  One result is shown in the attached png-file. Is it possible to define an extention, that I get all grid point inside and additional the grid point which are close (  xx km)  to the shape-polygon-border?

2)
I am looking for a function which cuts out and draws the complete region. In the shown example i have white areas based along the shape-polygon-border. But I want to have the complete area inside the shape-polygon-border colored.

Thanks in advance
Frank